Wednesday 26 October 2016

Mercenary Two List Pair

My other faction being mercenaries, I thought it would be good to run through my two list pair. However, I must preface this by saying I am aware these lists are not optimal, they are in a theme that I stick to when it suits me, sort of. Privateers!

http://conflictchamber.com/#b61b8b9v8i8j8j8kca8m8o9w8N8O8Q3W8R9u8S

Mercenary Army - 75 / 75 points

(Shae 1) Captain Phinneus Shae [+28]
 - Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
 - Buccaneer [6]
 - Freebooter [9]
 - Freebooter [9]
 - Mariner [14]
The Commodore Cannon & Crew [7]
Sea Dog Pirates (max) [13]
 - Mr. Walls, the Quartermaster [4]
Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire [7]
Bloody Bradigan [3]
Bosun Grogspar [4]
Doc Killingsworth [4]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]
First Mate Hawk [4]
Ragman [4]
Lord Rockbottom [4]

Captain Shae, king of the pirates, with the crew of his ship. And Sylys, because Shae is incredibly focus starved, but we won't worry about that.

The idea of the list was to run Shae, the Sea Dogs with all their solos, and the Commodore. Shae gifts them with incredible speed and has some personal melee game, this list screams into zones and contests points. It then promptly dies, but whatever, I looked good losing.





Better pictures would be great right? You guys deserve better. Oh well.

So with an entire pirate boat, I figured I'd go whole hog and try to make them useful. Ragman and Alexia help them hit harder and recycle them respectively. 90% of wins with this list have involved throwing something with a freebooter at an enemy warcaster (or running a pirate right in front of them, and slamming it in the back with the Commodore...) and charging three Thrall Warriors at it from an odd angle.
The warjacks themselves benefit a TON from Coup De Main and become pretty efficient. The Mariner is growing on me a lot, the cannon is easy enough to manage (it's usually Sylys loading it for me, I rarely need his arcane secrets because I think I've cast Blow the Man Down like, never).

List 2
http://conflictchamber.com/#b61b8gc59vca8m8o8P8Q8O8S7ydHbF

Mercenary Army - 75 / 75 points

(Fiona 1) Fiona the Black [+31]
 - Galleon [39]
 - Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
The Commodore Cannon & Crew [7]
Sea Dog Pirates (max) [13]
 - Mr. Walls, the Quartermaster [4]
Dirty Meg [3]
Doc Killingsworth [4]
Bosun Grogspar [4]
Lord Rockbottom [4]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Gobber Tinker [2]
Wrong Eye [17]
 - Snapjaw

I spent all that time painting damn Sea Dogs, I'm going to use them. Bare minimum to let them be difficult to shift from a zone, with added Wrong Eye and Snapjaw (def13 starcrossed becomes just the right side of hard to hit for mat6 trampling warjacks).

Galleon and his entourage of repair bots/spell vortexes goes up front and centre, dropping aoes, dragging things in and doing as he does. Affliction and Nonokiron brand help him land hits and see through things, but the brand usually sits on the Commodore all game for me because it turns it from pretty hot to super spicy. Snapjaw is a great Telgesh Mark holder, as he's usually submerged and always pushing forwards (plus he's a decent heavy that sucks none of your short focus). Roth's mercy is perfectly stupid on 4+ tough, immune to knockdown pirates in a zone.
Fiona herself has a reasonable ranged game with arced Soulfires, but generally this list all about applying exact force in exact places. It's very fun to play and not awfully bad, just sort of.

That's it for a high level summary, expect more in depth posts about the individual lists, their warcasters and components. Plus battle reports and maybe even pictures if I'm particularly benevolent. Yaarrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment